Sunday, July 19, 2009

7-star champagne birthday.

So you say its your birthday.... well, its my birthday too!! So, today was my birthday! I'm not sure what you do with your birthday wishes but I try my hardest to make all of mine come true-even if it means waiting for them. :) However long really, just as long as they come true.

Wendy and I started this morning with a nice breakfast then packed up our things and away we went. We really wanted to go down to the famous 7-star hotel Burj Al Arab and see what its all about but you need special access to get in or a reservation at one of the fine dining restaurants. So, the Capital Club made a reso for us and a 7-course afternoon tea lunch. It was hot again today... it ended up going up to +44'c + the humidity! It was a great day today... enjoy the photos!


weather report for my bday//



My bday cake at Burj Al Arab.... ps- they even sang to me!//

me on the beach having fun with wendy//
ps- the water was piss warm (excuse the french)

wendy on the beach//

Burj Al Arab Hotel// Downstairs Underwater Dining Room//

Dining with sharks anyone??//

Burj Al Arab Restaurant-love the stems//

Burj Al Arab Hotel Lobby//

whats a birthday without champagne? or for that matter any day really! //

Afternoon Tea & one of our many courses//

Chocolates//

Burj Al Arab Musician//

ladies washroom//

our ride for the day (joking! our driver only drives a Lincoln) //

wendy smokin the sheesha//

tea with our sheesha//

wendy & I shopping in the gold souks//

wendy in the souks//

me & Hakkim//
I bought some things off this guy the first day we arrived and he was so lovely. Today Wendy and I went back to the souks and we were looking around and he came running up to us... "my friend, my friend!!" We were standing at his corner shop and didn't even realize we were there. So, I bought a bunch of things I didn't need just because I liked him. That, and he was an excellent salesman. Gonna miss you Hakkim.

Dubai man in souks//
Souks all shut down with kitty//


Gold Souks, Dubai//

Overall, what an amazing birthday! Wouldn't have had it any other way. Wendy is sleeping as usual as I put all these posts up... she is a sleeping beauty and I am a night owl. It's 2.41am here and the alarm is set for 6:45am and I'm not convinced I will sleep! Our flight to Nairobi leaves at 10:50am tomorrow morning and we fly 5hrs with Emirates. Africa... I get goosebumps just thinking about it. Dubai has been so amazing and way over the top with so many memories and just pure adventure and Africa is top on my list. I can't even sleep. I am not sure how much internet access I will get when we get there as we head off on safari Tuesday morning but I will sure try my best! Lots of love...

Hugs,
Nikki

ps- thank you for all your bday wishes... just know that I am making all my wishes come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment