Saturday, July 18, 2009

Dubai. white ponies and diamonds.

So we got our wake up call at 9am and the butler asked if we would like breakfast in bed. Hmm.. not bad, but we thought we would go check out the club and see if we could find Andrew. So, down to have breakfast and we were greeted by every staff member in the Club. I had asked when I first arrived if it would be possible to arrange going to an Arabian Horse farm in Dubai and they said they would try their hardest but gaining access was difficult. This morning every staff member knew that I was on a mission to get to a horse farm because they all kept saying, don't worry Ms Nikki we are trying our best to get you to see the arabian horses today. Lovely. So, breakfast. Our server comes over and says good morning and all he asks is... good morning, what would you like for breakfast? We asked for a menu and he replied by saying... oh no, you tell us what you would like and we will make if for you. Imagine. They say nice life in Canada, well.... I'm thinking nice life in UAE.


Right after breakfast we met Andrew and we were told that they had made arrangements for us to go see the horses. Umm... Heaven! You don't get if you don't ask.

So... off to Al Ahli Horse Club.... Arabian Racehorse, Al Ahli Horse Club, Dubai
Owner, Mr. Rashid Al Darbi

I love this photo... we were forbidden to take any photos on the farm today but who's kidding who! I didn't go all the way to a Dubai Arabian Horse Palace to not take a photo! This beautiful mare was in the barn (most of the other horses were in stalls outside) and as soon as we came up to the stall she went straight into the corner. I love it because she is right up against the stall wall but the photo looks as though she was in a studio. One of my favs so far- plus, its a white pony!



Arabian Racehorses//
Arabian Racehorse//

The workers at the farm that told us that they would lose their job if "the boss" found out we were taking photos of the horses!



I love this one too! This guy kept trying to get Wendy closer to the horses and this one was not looking so happy! He kept saying to Wendy, come closer, come closer.

Dhamani Diamonds// So, every girl loves diamonds. Well... I have walked past so many windows with diamonds in it in my lifetime... but this time... I stopped. We were in the world's largest shopping mall and it was over the top! I can only imagine the price of this beauty but if I had it I would have bought one, maybe even two.


Aquarium in the mall//

Dubai Aquarium//

Not a bad day. After the malls we went back to the hotel and chilled out for 15mins! That's all we get till we are off again. Andrew took us on a tour around the city down to The Palms. I will try to post some of those photos tomorrow.... as I have a large jacuzzi tub to soak in. I have to get well rested for my big day tomorrow.

:) nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment